Tax season is just around the corner. For those of you receiving paper W-2s, your 2018 Form will be mailed to your mailing address on January 18. The W-2 includes your annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from your paycheck, which you will need as you prepare your tax return.
January 7: W-2 data available through ESS > Payroll Information
January 18: W-2 forms mailed
February 1: duplicate W-2 forms available through ESS > Payroll Information
- If you have access to employee self-service, you can find your W-2 data and begin your tax preparation as early as January 7.
- Your W-2 will come in an envelope labeled "Important Tax Document Enclosed".
- You should keep all W-2 forms you receive. They contain different information that will be necessary for tax return preparation.
- Make a photocopy of your W-2 when it arrives. Duplicates should only be requested if the original was never received or was accidentally destroyed.
- If you need another copy of your W-2 or W-2c Form, you can obtain it immediately by visiting ESS > Payroll Information to print a duplicate. Employees who do not have ESS access can contact the HR Service Center* to request that a duplicate be mailed.
If you do not have access to employee self-service or need technical support to print your duplicate, contact the HR Service Center* at 866.377.2672 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Dial 711 for PA Relay. Interpreter services are available upon request.
* Employees who work at the Liquor Control Board, Gaming Control Board, Public Utility Commission and agencies that are not under the Governor's jurisdiction are not currently served by the HR Service Center and should contact their local HR office for assistance.